base (plural bases)
- starting point
- (architecture), the lowermost part of a column, between the shaft and the pedestal or pavement
- (geometry) the lowest side of a in a triangle or other polygon, or the lowest face of a cone, pyramid or other polyhedron
- a chemical compound that will neutralize an acid by donating electrons (NOTE: this is a circular definition, somebody please clear this up.)
- a permanent structure for housing a military
- headquarters, the place where decisions for an organization are made
- (biology), (biochemistry) a nucleotide"s nucleobase in the context of a DNA or RNA biopolymer
- (baseball) one of the three places that a runner can stand in safety
- A safe zone in the children"s games of tag and hide-and-go-seek
- The name of the controlling terminal of a transistor.
- (chemical compound that will neutralize an acid): alkali
- (chemical compound that will neutralize an acid): [[acid]]
4 letters in word "base": A B E S.
Anagrams of base:
Words found within base: